quinta-feira, 1 de maio de 2014

Final Course Reflection

Since the first semester that I got into UA, some people told me about the class of Advance Videography, that I would be able to use every camera from the department. I didn't get to play with all of them, honestly. However, I believe that I did something more important than this: I got the basic knowledge to understand any camera, so when I get something totally new for me I still will be knowing what I should be looking for.

Another important thing that I learned during this class is how to deal with the pre-production part of film. I already knew its importance, but I've never knew how to deal with it properly. I still make mistakes of course, but in the end learning is a constant metamorphosis.

The set. I finally got to know how to prepare the set with all equipment that is not the actual camera. From previous critical studies back in Brazil I already knew the position of the light within the set, but I have never actually used any of the necessary equipment to make these images possible. C-Stands, flags, nets, silks, c-47s... All these equipment were unknown to me until now.

With all this new knowledge that I acquired, I hope to finally step into the work market of filmmaking; to finally being able to reproduce the images in my head; and to finally get out of the paperwork and build something with my own hands.

From someone with a background like mine, I can say that this was the best course I took during my time in UA. And I'm thankful for that...

Obrigado!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário